[AniMov] Mac OSX Can't find the KDE function in QGIS

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Mon May 5 16:10:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

> I am having the same problem - on OS X I can see the MCP function but
> nothing else in the AniMove Tools within the processing toolbox. See
> screenshot
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub7g5l4rdp73rli/Screenshot%202014-05-05%2013.47.56.png
>
> I am running OS X 10.9.2. I was using QGIS 1.8.0 when I initially had this
> problem. I then installed the latest version of SciPy, NumPy, PIL,
> matplotlib, Psycopg2, GDAL and RPy from the kyngchaos.com page, but this
> didn't resolve the problem. I then upgraded to QGIS 2.2.0, and am still
> having the same issue. I tried unchecking and checking the box in
> Processing/Options and configuration/Providers/AniMove/Activate. Is there
> anything else that I should be doing to fix this problem?

I don't know if the plugin has been tested on OsX, probably not as the
platform is not easily available for everyone.

If there are a lot of Animove/OsX users out there I would suggest make
a common effort and support the work to make this tools
working/supported also under Mac.

 Meanwhile you can also try the R scripts that are available (out of
the box) in QGIS/Processing (there are no python dependencies, just
install the required R packages: “sp”, “rgdal”, “raster”, “maptools”
and "adehabitatHR").

cheers

-- G --