[AniMov] Different error messages when trying to use rhr package

Elodie Camprasse elodie.camprasse at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 07:44:33 CEST 2014

G'day everyone,

I am working with GPS data recorded from foraging penguins. I recently
discovered the rhr package, which seems like an amazing tool but
unfortunately I cannot get it to work.

I have a dataframe that contains one column for longitude and one for
latitude, as well as an ID column which gives information about the trip
number (I want to calculate home range characteristics trip by trip and then
make a comparison) and a POSIXct timestamp in the format d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S as
you can see in the attached file.

The rhrGUI() command allowed me to open the GUI in my web browser (Google
Chrome) after loading the package rhr. I uploaded the file with "comma",
"data comes with header", "0", and "point" as options for the field
separator, header, skip lines and decimal separator options. In order to map
the fields, I used "id", "Longitude", "Latitude" and "timestamp", and "NA"
for he ID, Longitude, Latitude, Date and Time fields respectively. For the
date, I used the "ymd_hms" option. I did not apply any restriction. I then
selected "lon/lat" (but I also tried meters and got the same output with
errors), "4326" (for WGS84), "28354" (which corresponds to the projected
coordinate system of the zone I am working with, ie GDA Zone 54), "add
random noise" for the unit, input spatial reference system, output reference
system and duplicates fields separately. On top of that, I ticked the
verbose mode, write log and use Google maps options. I ticked all analytical
steps and ran the analysis but I am getting error messages throughout the
output and no plot at all get produced.
Here are the error messages I am getting:
-   Site fidelity: Error in switch(ct, ggplot =
ggplotGrob(grobs[[ii.table]]), trellis = latticeGrob(grobs[[ii.table]]), :
EXPR must be a length 1 vector
-   Time to statistical independence: Error in valid.viewport(x, y, width,
height, just, gp, clip, xscale, yscale, : invalid 'yscale' in viewport
-   Minimum Convex Polygon/Kernel Density Estimation: Error in
rhrConvertUnit(tt$area, config$config$inUnit, config$config$outUnit): inUnit
is not valid. It should be one of: ido,m,km,ft,yd,mi
-   Local Convex Hull: Error: is.character(projargs) is not TRUE
-   Asymptote and Core Area: Error in gzfile(file, "rb"): cannot open the
connection and Not enough relocations
I am not sure what these errors mean and how to fix them.
I should probably mention that I installed the package rhr from the zip file
found on r-forge a few days ago.
I have also attached the log and params files created after the analysis was
ran.
If someone could help me understand what seems to be the problem and point
me in the right direction to fix it, it would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Elodie

Elodie Camprasse

6/187 Auburn Road

Hawthorn, VIC 3122

Australia

Email:  <mailto:elodie.camprasse at gmail.com> elodie.camprasse at gmail.com

Website:  <http://hors-des-sentiers-battus.e-monsite.com/>
http://hors-des-sentiers-battus.e-monsite.com/

Mobile:  <tel:%28%2B61%29%20049%20794%200793> (+61) 049 794 0793