[AniMov] Query

Bruce Miller batsncats at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 22:10:16 CET 2013

Hi all,

I need to derive new points or a line from a given angle.

My data points will be from radio tracking bats at night.
The 3 ground crews (also an additional one in the sky on a plane)
recording radio tag values and signal strengths..
What I need to do is use a GPS point (location of the survey crew radio
receiver that is tracking) when they detect a transmitter on a bat and
add the direction of that signal.

So if Team 1 is a point X-Y and has a location of the transmitter
recorded at ± 211° I need to be able to draw a line from the base point
where they were X-Y (via GPS) and set a new point out some 10-20 km at
that 211°angle.

As I will have the tracks from all survey crews these lines from each
base location when signals are detected with the direction angle determined
I can "triangulate" where the three lines intersect to estimate the
location of the bat (transmitter).
Apparently Near will work but only with an ArcInfo license and I do not
have that license only Arc Editor.
Is there a way to do this using R.  I assume so but do not know where to
fdind it.

Bruce