[AniMov] HR QGIS Error

Damiano G. Preatoni prea at uninsubria.it
Tue Apr 2 13:40:19 CEST 2013

In un messaggio del Thursday 28 March 2013, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> if you are looking to compute HR within qgis, there is a new plugin
> that does not uses R. The plugin that uses R cannot be used anymore,
> at least on Windows and at least until a new version od rpy2 for
> python 2.7 will be released.
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Dylan Irion <dylan.irion at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I'm having the same 'rpy2.rinterface.RNULLType' object has no attribute
> > 'r_repr' issues that Manuel Spínola had back in November. Seems the issue
> > is being worked on, so I was wondering how I could get in touch with
> > Damiano Preatoni for his R script? Cheers.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Dylan

I confirm what Giovanni wrote: I'm afraid the python-rpy2-R architecture of the
"old" HR plugin is now obsolete.

A new python-only plugin is heavily worked on (kudos to Francesco!!!).

Since I'mostly involved in HR calculations by-the-ton, I work directly in R, and
(still!) use the "HR engine" written in R. Again, that script is depending on
the adehabitat package, that since years has been splitted into 4 different
packages. A porting to the 'new' adehabitatHR R package is already in progress,
but this will be "pure R" only.

My 2 eurocents. ;)

PS: the current version of R scripts I use are available on request.
I'm planning to upload on RForge the adehabitatHR port soon.

--
Q:	How many IBM CPU's does it take to do a logical right shift?
A:	33.  1 to hold the bits and 32 to push the register.

Unità di Analisi e Gestione delle Risorse Ambientali
  - Guido Tosi Research Group
Dipartimento di Scienze Teoriche e Applicate
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Via J.H. Dunant, 3 - 21100 Varese (ITALY)

tel +39 0332421538 fax +39 0332421446
http://biocenosi.dipbsf.uninsubria.it/
IRC: #prea             skype: prea.net
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org