[AniMov] Plug-in bandwidth kernel estimation in adehabitat

Leila Brook leila.brook at my.jcu.edu.au
Mon Oct 1 06:56:11 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Sorry for cross-postings, I'm not sure which group is most appropriate.

I am trying to use adehabitat to calculate home ranges for a couple of sympatric species, using both classical kernel and Biased Random Bridge techniques. I want to use the plug-in method to calculate the bandwidth, as href is not suitable, and LSCV won't work with my high-frequency data.

My question is:

Is there a way to use a bandwidth matrix to calculate a kernel in adehabitat?

So far I've been calculating kernels using GME. However, I want to calculate kernel overlap in adehabitat so I'd like to find a way to include a plug-in bandwidth kernel in adehabitat if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions for either importing a GME-calculated kernel file into adehabitat in a way that allows its conversion into an estud class file, or using a bandwidth matrix for kernel calculation in adehabitat, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,

Leila Brook