[AniMov] Home Range plugin

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Nov 1 02:03:52 CET 2012

Hi all.
As many of you know, the Home Range QGIS plugin by Anne Ghisla is no
longer working on Windows, due to a problem in the underlying library
rpy2. The problem is probably not going to be fixed soon, and it is
likely to show up again.
IMHO, the most stable solution would be to reimplement the kernel
analyses (do we need other?) in pure python, preferably as a Sextante
module. In this way, the development will be much easier (no interface
to be designed), and the results of this analysis could be easily
integrated in more complex habitat modelling. My provisional estimate is
that this can take a very few days of work. So the question is:
- is anybody interested in solving this?
- in case, is anybody available with the necessary Python skills (or
willing to learn it)?
- if nobody is available, we can do it, provides some funding can be
secured, perhaps as a collective subscription or as a grant.
Opinions?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia