[AniMov] AniMove toolbox

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed May 30 10:07:29 CEST 2012

Hi all.
In QGIS there is now a new analytical toolbox, called sextante, developed by Victor
Olaya. The beauty of it (from our point of view) is that it is easy to add R scripts,
and prepare models (even with a graphical interface) combining R, GRASS. GDAL, OTB
and other backends. It does not require RPy2, so it avoids a lot of problems on Windows.
I would suggest those of you who have interesting R AniMove scripts, or other models,
to have a look to sextante, and try to integrate your work. This could lead to an
"AniMove ToolBox" as an assemblage of scripts and models suitable for the analysis of
animal movements.
If you are interested in contributing your scripts, development skills, or othe
resources, please let us know.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia