[AniMov] Animal space use outputs

Pavel Ktitorov pktitorov at googlemail.com
Tue May 10 12:40:17 CEST 2011

Hi Anne,

I have tried it out with Kernel HR calculated in ASU. In output, you
have grid of probabilities, meaning each cell - probability that
animal use this particular cell of grid. I did not find any obvius
way, how to make probability bands on he base of this grid. One need
algorithm to sum up probabilities of many cells to let's say 95 %, and
cut of others. That seems impossible with available  raster
calculator.

Best,

Pavel

On 10/05/2011, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 19:30 +1100, Pavel Ktitorov wrote:
>> Yes, I m interested, but unfortunately of little use both in terms of
>> money an programming skills...
>
> Hi Pavel, list,
>
> according to the documentation, ASU output files are simple text files.
> So you can import them following the procedure in the manual, with QGIS
> using "Add delimited text layer" instead of Arc's "Add table", and then
> convert the points to a raster grid using "gdal rasterize" in Raster
> menu, or v.to.rast in GRASS toolbox.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> best regards,
> Anne
>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Pavel
>>
>> On 10/05/2011, Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > it would be great, but also a bit of support would be needed. Are you
>> > interested in developing such features?
>> >
>> > cheers
>> >
>> > -- Giovanni --

Pavel Ktitorov,

Ecology lab.

Institute of Marine Geology and Geophysics,

Far East Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences

693022, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Nauki 1B

e-mail: pktitorov at imgg.ru

web: pktitorov.scipeople.com

Mobile + 7 914 752 75 55