[AniMov] How to use GPS coordinate data in adehabitatHR

Eduardo Santos e.salves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 00:04:40 CEST 2011

Hi Clément,

Thank you for the help.

Like you said, I want to use the function mcp to estimate home-range sizes.
I managed to convert my coordinates from Lat/Long to UTM (I guess this is
what I needed to do). However, when I try to use the package you suggested
(proj4) to convert to UTM I get an error back. Here is a little snippet of
the error I am getting when I am trying to convert my data:

# x is a list with my Lat/Long coordinates
$Lat
 [1] -45.85599 -45.85800 -45.85719 -45.85709 -45.85684 -45.85712 -45.85916
-45.85695
 [9] -45.85774 -45.85767

$Long
 [1] 170.51921 170.51944 170.51782 170.51785 170.51799 170.51772 170.51936
170.51814
 [9] 170.51781 170.51765