[AniMov] How to use GPS coordinate data in adehabitatHR

Eduardo Santos e.salves at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 07:50:52 CEST 2011

Dear members,

I am new to using adehabitatHR. I have a very simple question that neither
the vignette of adehabitatHR nor Google could answer, so may you can help. I
want to estimate home ranges using the function mcp. My data consists of
individual ids and their locations in a Lat + Long format in a .csv file, as
follows:

ID          Lat            Long
X      45.85711  170.51833

The question is: Do I have to convert my Lat/Long coordinates to another
metric to estimate home ranges using mcp? If so, how do I proceed?

I thank you guys very much for the help. And sorry for the newbieness!

Eduardo S. A. Santos
PhD student

http://sparrow.otago.ac.nz/

Department of Zoology