[AniMov] FPT help

Adam T. Ford atford at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:37:39 CET 2011

Hello Animovers,

I am having trouble extracting the results of the fpt () function.
As far as I can tell, this function is working correctly, all the plots
appear in order etc.

I have 7 animals with different sampling periods representing a total of 48
'bursts'. So I have 48 dataframes assembled as a "fipati" object.
My problem is that I  am not sure how to compile a list of multiple
dataframes in way that I can analyze it statistically, or look at it
completely.

I have tried (for example):

   i <- fpt(puechcirc, seq(5, 100, 5), units = "hours")
   do.call(rbind, i)

and then I tried write.table() to export to a text file but got a series of
errors, for example:

    23] WARNING: Warning: \U used without hex digits
    Warning: '\A' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
    Warning: '\D' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
    Warning: '\D' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
    Warning: '\S' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
   Warning: '\J' is an unrecognized escape in a character string

Has anyone else worked had success extracting information from a fipati
class object?

I realize this is porbably a simple "r-rookie" question, but i cannot find
what I am looking for in other forums, my r book etc

Great work on this package by the way, very helpful and much needed in the
ecological community.

Adam T. Ford
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Zoology