[AniMov] QGIS HR plugin error

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:54:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 16:12 +1100, Pavel Ktitorov wrote:
> Dear Animove'rs,
>
> I am trying to use HR plugin under Windows XP, QGIS 1.7. After every
> attemtpt to estimate home range, I m getting error message: Ошибка при
> выполнении сценария Python:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:/Documents and
> Settings/1/.qgis/python/plugins\HomeRange_plugin\HRplugin_dialog.py",
> line 80, in
>     QObject.connect(self.buttonBox, SIGNAL("accepted()"), lambda
> mth=mth: self.run(mth))
>   File "C:/Documents and
> Settings/1/.qgis/python/plugins\HomeRange_plugin\HRplugin_dialog.py",
> line 189, in run
>     if not robjects.r.require(i)[0]:
>   File "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\lib\site-packages\rpy2\robjects\__init__.py",
> line 422, in __call__
>     res = super(RFunction, self).__call__(*new_args, **new_kwargs)
> RRuntimeError: �����'ade4' �����
> Версия Python:
> 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

[...]
> I assume it is problem with R intergration. I tried set of R versions
> 9.0 - 11.1, the same story. With recnt version of R, I failed to
> connect it to QGIS.

Hello Pavel,

this error comes out on some R versions, that are not able to find
packages installed in non-standard directories. So you can solve the
problem by copying the contents of

C:\Users\<your_username>\Documents\R\win-library\2.12

(or similar, please check your R version number, and check if inside the
folder you can find ade4 and other packages you installed) to

C:\Users\<your_username>\R\win-library\2.12

, where rpy2 looks for. If the folder does not exist, it is safe to
create it.

Let me know if it solves the problem.

> Any advise (except switching to Linux, no time at the moment) will be
> greatly appreciated!

Don't worry, we are not the Linux extremists who refuse to help fixing
problems on Windows! Feel free to use the operating system you are most
comfortable with. Of course, if there is a blocking issue, you can
consider a (temporary) switch, for example using Linux in a virtual
machine.

> Sincerely,
>
> Pavel

regards,