[AniMov] problem with instalation of adehabitat

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 16:14:52 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:50 PM,  <blackdaysvk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> sorry, but I forgot send information about my system... System:
>
> - Windows Vista - OS
>>
>> - QGIS version - 1.5.0 Tethys
>> - how did you install QGIS - standalone installer
>> - R version - 2.11.1
>> - adehabitat version: see - I dont know... But I install adehabitat from
>> Slovakia server via R - install packages
>> - Python version - I installed Python 3.1.2 program
>
> Please help me with this installation, I use Arcview 3 with Animal Movement
> extension for analyses, but I prefer opensource solution ... :-)

R 2.11 and Python 3. are untested so far; actually, the standalone
QGIS carries its own Python so there is no problem on this side.

you can test this code into R console:

require(adehabitat)

and see if it loads the package correctly.

If it doesn't, it's a R/adehabitat issue. Please post details (see
sessionInfo() function )
If R loads adehabitat, pass to QGIS Python Console (last item in
Plugins menu) and type:

import rpy2 as rpy2
import rpy2.robjects as ro
print ro.r.require('adehabitat')

let us know if there are any errors there. If so, please post the
error messages.

regards,
Anne

--