[AniMov] problems installing adahabitat under win Seven and HR QGIS plugin error

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed May 19 19:38:44 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I was testing the QGIS HR plugin (Hi Anne!) under Windows Seven and I
noticed the following:

when installing the adahabitat package from the R console

install.packages("adehabitat", dep = TRUE);

it says

Warning in install.packages("adehabitat", dep = TRUE) :
argument 'lib' is missing: using
'C:\Users\username\Documents/R/win-library/2.11'

but actually the "Documents" folder does not exist, as in my Seven (us
english) installation the folder is called "My Documents".

Actually the package "adehabitat" never appears in the

'C:\Users\username\My Documents/R/win-library/2.11'

folder and other packages in there seems to be ignored.

There is QGIS plugin that allows to install missing R packages it needs
(rgdal and others) and it puts them in

C:\Users\gio\R\win-library\2.11

where they seems to work. Placing manually adehabitat in the same folder
also do the trick.

I have also a problem testing the HR plugin under Windows (both XP and
Seven, using the sample dataset and qgis trunk from osgeo4w) as it
returns always this message

Error in writeOGR(khr.polygons, dir, name, "ESRI Shapefile") :
	GDAL Error 1: Invalid index : -1

when using any method other than MCP.

cheers

-- Giovanni --