[AniMov] small request

Clément Calenge clement.calenge at oncfs.gouv.fr
Thu May 6 15:25:19 CEST 2010

Dear Matej,

This is a well-known problem of the LSCV algorithm. As the help page of
kernelUD explains,

Note that the cross-validation criterion cannot be minimized in some
cases. According to Seaman and Powell (1998) _"This is a difficult
problem that has not been worked out by statistical theoreticians, so no
definitive response is available at this time"_ (see Seaman and Powell,
1998 for further details and tricky solutions).

See also http://www.faunalia.com/pipermail/animov/2006-May/000165.html
as well as the links therein for a complete discussion on non convergence.
Hope this helps,

Clément Calenge

--
Clément CALENGE