[AniMov] problem with getverticeshr at >85%

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:35:01 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 15:27 -0400, Corrie Curtice wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to export the home range for a single individual animal.
> I'm getting the error  "Error in re[[i]] : subscript out of bounds" --
> I looked on the archive and found my own posting of this question for
> the 100% isopleth. :)  So now I'm wondering, why does the error occur
> at lower isopleth levels? Ideally I would like the 95% KHRE to show
> the "home range" of each animal, and this works with all other
> individuals.  The answer to my last posting noted that the isopleth
> went beyond the grid limits.   I'm not passing in an underlying grid.
> Here's my call:
>
>     ud <- kernelUD(xy, grid=100, h="href")
>     kvtmp <- getverticeshr(ud, lev = 95)
>
> Levels up to 85 work fine.  Is there anything I can do to fix this, if
> not what is the proper way to report the result for this animal? If
> you need more code or output I can send.

Hi Corrie,

it sounds like the issue reported here:

https://trac.faunalia.it/animove/ticket/13

does your dataset show anisotropy? The one attached to the ticket is a
narrow cloud of points along a horizontal line. The default grid created
by kernelUD is likely not able to encompass the whole UD. If the case, I
would try creating a wider grid and providing it to kernelUD.

hope this helps!

regards,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Anne_Ghisla