[AniMov] HR QGIS plugin error

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:28:10 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > yes, the difference I see is gdal 1.7.x instead of 1.6.x
>> >
>> > could be?
>>
>> Could be..
>>
>> Can you test this code snippet in R?
>>
>> #################################
>> require(rgdal)
>> cities <- readOGR(system.file("vectors", package = "rgdal")[1], "cities")
>> # cities can be any Spatial*DataFrame.
>> writeOGR(cities, "/tmp", "cities_full", driver="ESRI Shapefile")
>> writeOGR(cities[cities$NAME == "Veracruz",], "/tmp", "cities_one",
>> driver="ESRI Shapefile")
>> #################################
>>
>> if it works with these example data I will dig out another snippet
>> closer to plugin's code.
>

> This is the result

> Geospatial Data Abstraction Library extensions to R successfully loaded
> Loaded GDAL runtime: GDAL 1.7.2, released 2010/04/23
> Path to GDAL shared files: /usr/share/gdal17
> Loaded PROJ.4 runtime: Rel. 4.7.1, 23 September 2009
> Path to PROJ.4 shared files: (autodetected)
> OGR data source with driver: ESRI Shapefile
> Source: "/home/gio/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.10/rgdal/vectors",
> layer: "cities"
> with 606 features and 4 fields
> Feature type: wkbPoint with 2 dimensions

So GDAL 1.7 works fine with R.

Actually I would avoid patching the code as most of it will be soon
useless: the new adehabitat package provides functions to convert from
adehabitat classes to sp, and manageR code can become a library, or at
least be accessed by other plugins.

I'm fixing the tests that are in HomeRange_plugin/tests
You can run them using this command (using python2.6):

python test_plugin.py

Still, i've got issues with SVN repo - i attach the file here. Let me
know if there are any problems.

Thanks again so much!

cheers