[AniMov] Home Range Plugin - Projection and map units

Max Ringler max.ringler at univie.ac.at
Fri Sep 18 11:22:25 CEST 2009

Are there any known issues with projections and/or map units and the home
range plugin?

When running MCP and kernel analyses, the original point coordinates of my
data seem to get rounded to the next lower meters (decimal digits are
discarded). Accordingly the MCP shapes are "somewhat" correct in shape, but
positioned way off the orignal points - same for kernels.

My project has meters as map unit and the projects and shapefiles projection
is +proj=utm +zone=22 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs.

Please contact me if you want the shapefiles to check.

Kind regards

Max
--

Max Ringler (MSc)