[AniMov] Brownian Bridge home range in Adehabitat - getvolumeUD issue

Fernucht fernandoascensao at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 13:39:17 CET 2009

Greetings,

My question might be very simple: when using the Brownian Bridge
(adehabitat) method to define the home ranges, the command getvolumeUD
(lev=95) gives me a huge area, impossible to be true. Only if I restrict to
~lev=35 in getvolumeUD, I get a close estimate to classic kernel method
(kernelUD).

As you know, in the Horne et al. 2007 paper, top pag.4 , they compare both
methods, and in both figures it's represented the 99% contour, so it
shouldn't be because of the method.  Has this happened to anyone of you?

Thanks

I send you an image comparing both methods:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26335986/example.jpg