[AniMov] HomeRange_plugin now rpy2 capable

Damiano G. Preatoni prea at uninsubria.it
Wed Jan 7 19:18:43 CET 2009

In un messaggio del Wednesday 07 January 2009, hai scritto:
> In un messaggio del Wednesday 07 January 2009, Anne Ghisla ha scritto:
> > Hello all, and sorry for cross-posting,
> >
> > my plugin for QGIS is now ready for rpy2!
> >
> > Some side features are temporarily disabled, I'll fix these bugs as soon
> > as possible. I think it's better to release this important update than
> > keep it private until all works properly.
> >
> > Happy testing and thanks in advance for feedback,
>
> Well done!
> Testbed for lenny/sid ready (R 2.7.1, adehabitat 1.6) ready!

first reports...
OS: Debian lenny/sid
QGis: 1.0.0-Kore
python: 2.5.2
rpy: python-rpy 1.0.3-2
R: 2.7.1
adehabitat: 1.6

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/prea/.qgis//python/plugins/HomeRange_plugin/plugin.py", line
257, in run
    shapefileslist = self.Rcall(geomData)
  File "/home/prea/.qgis//python/plugins/HomeRange_plugin/plugin.py", line
350, in Rcall
    data = robjects.default_ri2py(data.sexp)
NameError: global name 'robjects' is not defined

Which means I should upgrade to rpy 2 and consequently to R >= 2.8.0...
Anne, please confirm that there is no backwards compatibility: IMHO on Debian
this shouldn't be an issue, just apt-get to keep R & rpy2 up to date...

--
		In questa shell e' severamente vietato fumare.
Damiano G. Preatoni, PhD

Unità di Analisi e Gestione delle Risorse Ambientali
Dipartimento Ambiente-Salute-Sicurezza
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Via J.H. Dunant, 3 - 21100 Varese (ITALY)

tel +39 0332421538 fax +39 0332421446
http://biocenosi.dipbsf.uninsubria.it/
ICQ: 78690321 jabber: prea at jabber.org skype: prea.net
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org