[AniMov] interesting paper

Clément Calenge clement.calenge at oncfs.gouv.fr
Fri Dec 18 10:46:42 CET 2009

Hi Paolo,

It seems an interesting paper. I do not have access to the full paper
from my office (I am not a registered user for this journal), but
reading the summary, it would be interesting to see the relationships
between this method and the method proposed some time ago by Wray et al.
(1992):

@INCOLLECTION{CC105,
  author = {Wray, S. and Cresswell, W.J. and Rogers, D.},
  title = {Dirichlet tesselations: a new, non-parametric approach to
home range
    analysis},
  booktitle = {Wildlife telemetry. Remote monitoring and tracking of
animals},
  year = {1992},
  editor = {Priede, I.G. and Swift, S.M.},
  volume = {231-246},
  series = {Ellis Horwood},
  address = {New York},
  keywords = {radiotelemetry radiotracking home range size dirichlet
tesselation}
}

which is a similar method relying on the Voronoi tesselation instead of
the Delaunay triangulation of the relocations (though the latter seems
more sensible to me). I'll try to get a copy of this paper and to see
whether this could be implemented in adehabitat
Thanks for the link!
Regards,

Clément Calenge

--