[AniMov] Irregular time lag

Martin Patenaude-Monette patenaude-monette.martin at courrier.uqam.ca
Thu Dec 17 19:20:21 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm working on Ring-Billed Gull habitat selection with GPS data logger technology. I read about "adehabitat" and I'm really interesting to work with this package. But there's my problem: we have some kind of irregular or "hierarchical" time lag. We get relocation every second during 1 min (60 relocations), each 4 min, 24 hours a day for 3 days. Is there a way to work with all our relocations or we must work with a 4 min time lag and loss some information? I would prefer to work with a 20-30 sec regular time lag, but it was not possible with our technology last spring. Besides, for next spring fieldwork, we are thinking about turning off our data loggers during the night. Is there a problem again with this kind of design, time lag and analysis with "adehabitat"?

I would appreciate your help,

Martin Patenaude-Monette
M.Sc. Candidate

Département de biologie