[AniMov] Help with HomeRange_plugin on MacOS - rpy2 install

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:35:16 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 10:45 -0600, Sebastian Cruz wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>

> Thank you very much for your reply you have been most kind. I did as
> you instructed and received the following message:

> exceptions.ImportError: No module named rpy2.robjects
>

> I guess this means rpy2 is not installed. Which I find surprising
> because I followed all the instructions for Mac, using KingChaos, i.e.
> I installed all dependencies. I will try again.

Seems so - and probably no feedback from the interface, as the effect of
the check is a error printed in the console.

No help from these tips?
http://n2.nabble.com/re-qgis-mac-os-td4059287.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/rpy-list@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02323.html

A friend using Snow Leopard, after installing R from R site (dmg),
installed rpy2 typing this in a Python console:

sudo easy_install rpy2

Tell me if it worked.

I'll add useful information about this issue on the wiki page of
HomeRange_plugin. Thanks a lot for the report...

> I have been trying to get the homerange pug-in to work for a long time
> now, I study Swallow tailed gull movement in the Galapagos island, and
> want to use QGIS to analyze the data.

...and all the best for your research!

Anne