[AniMov] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated]

Anne Ghisla Insubriae a.ghisla at studenti.uninsubria.it
Fri Apr 10 11:27:16 CEST 2009

-------- Messaggio Originale  --------
Oggetto: Re: [Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated
Data: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:26:18 +0200
Da: Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>
A: John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org>
CC: cavallini at faunalia.it, qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Referenze: <49DC4439.5060700 at faunalia.it>
<11762C2B-A9B2-4D8D-A50F-E5B29C0B5A84 at me.com>
<49DDB26E.1030108 at gmail.com>
<055EEDAE-0298-4A19-8C2A-B31B4F3BB664 at wildnevada.org>

John C. Tull ha scritto:
> In addition to the last error, when I quit and restart qgis after
> startup. Afterwards, the HomeRange plugin cannot be loaded:
>
> Couldn't load plugin "HomeRange_plugin" from
[snip]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[snip]
>   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/rpy2/rinterface/__init__.py",
> line 6, in
>     R_HOME = os.popen("R RHOME").readlines()
> IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call

The same error is given by manageR [0], therefore I guess it is a rpy2
issue.
You can try the function that returns this error alone in a Python
shell. On my WinXp machine it returns the correct path to R installation.
If it succeeds, try in the Python shell each function of the traceback
stepping backwards.
Consider also filling a ticket on RPy2 bugtracker on SourceForge [1].

thank you for testing and best regards,

Anne

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org/msg02601.html
[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=453021&group_id=48422&func=browse