[AniMov] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated]

Anne Ghisla Insubriae a.ghisla at studenti.uninsubria.it
Fri Apr 10 11:26:59 CEST 2009

-------- Messaggio Originale  --------
Oggetto: Re: [Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated
Data: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:58:39 +0200
Da: Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>
A: John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org>
CC: cavallini at faunalia.it, qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>,
Animal Movement <animov at faunalia.com>
Referenze: <49DC4439.5060700 at faunalia.it>
<11762C2B-A9B2-4D8D-A50F-E5B29C0B5A84 at me.com>
<49DDB26E.1030108 at gmail.com>
<BF6A87C1-D5FF-4D9E-857E-5AC39008AF16 at wildnevada.org>

John C. Tull ha scritto:
> Here is an error I get now using a shapefile with a set of points
> creating home ranges on field 'ID'. There is only one ID for all the
> points, so it should create a single home range estimate for each method.
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[cut]
> RRuntimeError: Error in writeOGR(khr.polygons, dir, name, "ESRI
> Shapefile") :
> GDAL Error 1: Failed to create file .shp file.

Bad thing. GDAL is the dependency I know (and care) less, assuming it
works independently of HR_plugin installation.

I would ask if you can run a pure R test, to check if the error comes
out from rgdal package or GDAL itself, like this one:

cities <- readOGR(system.file("vectors",package="rgdal")[1],"cities")
writeOGR(cities,tempdir(),"cities",driver="ESRIShapefile")

and see if it raises a similar error.
If the test above succeeds, you can comment line 102 of
HRplugin_algorithm.py and uncomment line 101, choosing suitable dir
parameter.

I'll look for more details about this issue - moreover, please fill a
ticket on AniMove Trac [0] if the problem persists.

thanks for testing,