[AniMov] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated]

Anne Ghisla Insubriae a.ghisla at studenti.uninsubria.it
Fri Apr 10 11:01:10 CEST 2009

-------- Messaggio Originale  --------
Oggetto: Re: [Qgis-user] HomeRange plugin updated
Data: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:31:42 +0200
Da: Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>
A: John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org>
CC: cavallini at faunalia.it, qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>,
Animal Movement <animov at faunalia.com>
Referenze: <49DC4439.5060700 at faunalia.it>
<11762C2B-A9B2-4D8D-A50F-E5B29C0B5A84 at me.com>

John C. Tull ha scritto:
> I've worked out the OS X linking issues. When I run on a modest dataset,
> I now receive the following error. I'd be happy to test with another
> shapefile of points if it will help.
>
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[cut]
> RRuntimeError: Error in kernelUD(dd[, c("X", "Y")], dd[, "ID"], h =
> "LSCV", grid = grid) :
>   At least 5 relocations are required to fit an home range

this is a normal R error - to compute homeranges, subsets of points
determined by the attribute in the colum you chose (for esample animal
ID, month, year...) must contain at least 5 points. Even one subset with
<5 points raises this error.
I suggest to group points by another column.
On my side, I will change the code to avoid Python error, and raise a
info window instead.

many thanks and best regards,