[AniMov] GRASS Addons for the estimation of home ranges

Clément Calenge calenge at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Mon Sep 1 09:58:28 CEST 2008

> Great news, and thanks a lot Clément!
> It would be good to have all this in the main GRASS code, rather than as
> addons: any objections on this?

Personally, I have no objection on this. Having the v.adehabitat.* code
in the main GRASS code would be great for people working on
radiotelemetry data. However, I wonder: these addons are not of interest
for all GRASS users -- it is likely that they will be useful only to
wildlife biologists. I proposed them as addons because I "translated"
the logic of the R software to the GRASS software, trying to make some
kind of "grass packages" which could be downloaded only by the
interested users (in the same way as the package adehabitat with the R
software). Of course, I may be wrong in translating the logic from one
software to another? I am not that used to the rules of software
development in GRASS... maybe experienced GRASS developers may indicate
us whether this would be sensible?
BTW thanks Paolo for the update of the wiki!
Best regards,

Clément.

--
Clément CALENGE
Office national de la chasse et de la faune sauvage