[AniMov] positions from azimuths

Damiano G. Preatoni prea at uninsubria.it
Tue Oct 14 10:35:58 CEST 2008

In un messaggio del Monday 13 October 2008, Lichti, Nathanael I ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the delay on this.  I contacted Gary White and asked if it
> would be okay to simply integrate the TRIANG code into R and potentially
> make it available in adehabitat or other software.  He said that was
> fine. Since then, I simply haven't had as much time as I'd hoped to work
> on this project.
>
> If no Python code is available, someone who knows FORTRAN and Python
> could probably translate the TRIANG code fairly quickly.  It's not very
> long.

Good news...
As I've written before, I can brush up my almost forgotten FORTRAN and try a
porting...

IMHO, a translation into R code might be more appealing, since can be
integrated easily into Clement (and others) adehabitat package, which seems
to be the real workhorse in free/open homerange calculations.

As Anne did for the QGis Homerange plugin, I'm wondering if a good solution
could be making the engine in R, and use python for the bodywork... this way
one could stay in R for heavy-duty or automated homerange calculation (figure
out how to calculate overlaps among 200 animals in a pure GUI
environment...), and another can use a GUI (I mean QGis) for small amounts fd
data, or for a direct visual feedback and so on...

Suggestions?

--
Boy, noun,m.:
	Noise covered by dirt.

Unità di Analisi e Gestione delle Risorse Ambientali
Dipartimento Ambiente-Salute-Sicurezza
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Via J.H. Dunant, 3 - 21100 Varese (ITALY)

tel +39 0332421538 fax +39 0332421446
http://biocenosi.dipbsf.uninsubria.it/
ICQ: 78690321 jabber: prea at jabber.org skype: prea.net
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org