[AniMov] position estimation from azimuths

Damiano G. Preatoni prea at uninsubria.it
Sun Oct 12 15:29:20 CEST 2008

In un messaggio del Friday 10 October 2008, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
> Damiano G. Preatoni ha scritto:
> > Any news about TRIANG code?
> >
> > Here we're about to start a thesis project aimed to create from scratch
> > code (either in R or in QGis + Python, we've still to define that), just
> > starting from White & Garrot book...
> >
> > Any suggestion is welcome, of course!
>
> Of course a python library, reusable through qgis an other, would be a
> very nice option. Sure there is no python code to reuse for this?
> All the best.

AFAIK, there is no reusable code.
We're wondering whether to put up a triangulation engine in R, using the
standard 'x,y,id,timestamp, whatever' dataframe, in order to integrate in
into adehabitat... this would mean adding a python interface to use
the 'triangulator' from QGis, wit all data in a shapefile...
the interface in Qgis, calculate in R approach used for the Home Range Plugin
looks good... so you can carry out calculations on low data volumes in QGis,
and do batch operations in 'pure' R...

(mumble, mumble...)

--
La conoscenza, signore, dovrebbe essere concessa gratuitamente a tutti!
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd" (TOS), data astrale 4513.3

Unità di Analisi e Gestione delle Risorse Ambientali
Dipartimento Ambiente-Salute-Sicurezza
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Via J.H. Dunant, 3 - 21100 Varese (ITALY)

tel +39 0332421538 fax +39 0332421446
http://biocenosi.dipbsf.uninsubria.it/
ICQ: 78690321 jabber: prea at jabber.org skype: prea.net
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org