[AniMov] [SoC - Python plugin for QGIS for home range estimation] Feature freeze

Damiano G. Preatoni prea at uninsubria.it
Fri Oct 10 13:40:29 CEST 2008

In un messaggio del Friday 10 October 2008, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> > Hi all, and apologies for cross-posting,
> >
> > today, at revision 111, the project enters feature freeze. All widgets
> > are enabled and I began to test the plugin on my Ubuntu machine and
> > other platforms, including Debian, Windows XP and Windows 2000.
> > Next month is dedicated to bugfixing, writing documentation and extended
> > testing.
> >
> > To obtain and use the plugin, follow instructions on
> > http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/GSoC2008Rbinding
>
> Hi all,
> I would like to install the plugin on a few colleagues windows machines
> but I'm stuck with a problem:
>

> R error: Error: package 'ade4' could not be loaded
>
> on both Qgis 0.11 and 1.0 preview

Have you installed adehabitat satisfying all its dependencies?
adehabitat (among others) requires ade4..

install.packages('adehabitat', dep=T)

> In the project page I can see
>
> "R 2.7.0 can't load adehabitat, because its latest version (1.7.2)
> requires 2.7.1. So R 2.7.0 is not suitable. For R 2.7.1 or higher, be
> careful to use the correct Rpy"
>
> but I can't find rpy for R > 2.7.0, just for R 2.7.0

This is one of the biggest problems we are facing: the plugin uses rpy, but
windows versions of rpy are a bit behind... a possible bugfix could be to
modify python code in order to check on which OS we're running, and importing
either 'classic' rpy under *nix, or the newer rpy2 (in rpy compatibility
mode) under windows.

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=48422&package_id=4151
>4&release_id=598874
>
> I tried also to install a version of R < 2.7.0 (as 2.6.2 is supported by
> rpy) but then the package installer do install always a version of
> adehabitat (1.7.1) that seems to me needs R >= 2.7.1
>
> I would love to install by hand an older version of adehabitat, ade4,
> etc. but in the arquives there are only the sources and not the binaries
> for windows.
>
> Ideas?

Contact Anne (who's reading in CC:) if you like to join in to fix the windows
version...

ciao

--
Le prestazioni di Windows 95 sono eccezionali.
		-- Micro$oft Corporation, installazione di Windows 95

Unità di Analisi e Gestione delle Risorse Ambientali
Dipartimento Ambiente-Salute-Sicurezza
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Via J.H. Dunant, 3 - 21100 Varese (ITALY)

tel +39 0332421538 fax +39 0332421446
http://biocenosi.dipbsf.uninsubria.it/
ICQ: 78690321 jabber: prea at jabber.org skype: prea.net
Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org