[AniMov] Animove GUI

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at studenti.uninsubria.it
Wed May 21 16:32:56 CEST 2008

https://www.faunalia.it/dokuwiki/doku.php/public/animove#grass_and_qgis_integration
> It is still not an "out of the box" solution, but it wouldn't be
> difficult to set up a package, if someone is interested.
> Your feedback is much welcome.

Hi all, (especially Leonardo)

I tested the module in QGIS on Windows XP, but found some problems, and solved
some of them.

The first one is about whitespaces in paths.
QGIS installer uses a default directory named C:\Programmi\Quantum GIS\
but the script, when it parses the $PATH, breaks up the path in two parts and
can't get over.

I tried to patch it adding a sed command that subtitutes whitespaces with
underscores.

s/\ /_/g

This is not a definitive solution, anyway...

Secondly, in the $PATH there is no path to R installation. I added it manually
by the Control Panel.
It's not a bug, but it's necessary.

Then, there is a syntax problem in kver.to.shapefile function.

<code>
Errore in source("R_temp") : R_temp: unexpected '=' at

14: levels(data_to_export[[1]])<-c(1:(nlevels(data_to_export[[1]])))
15: list_name <- data.frame(Id=c(1:nlevels(data_to_export[[1]])), id_pol=name_p, =

Inoltre: Warning messages:

1: '\_' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
2: '\_' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
3: unrecognized escapes removed from "/temporanea/\_\_"

</code>

I guess it's a problem of R for Windows. I never got this error on Ubuntu,
running the same code.
Anyway, kver.to.shapefile is now deprecated, I suggest to substitute it with
kver2spol() and rgdal exportation.

May I send you modified code?

Regards,

Anne Ghisla