[AniMov] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] From points to areas?]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 25 19:37:54 CEST 2006

This might be of some interest.
pc

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] From points to areas?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:51:27 +0200
From: Martin Wegmann <wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de>
To: qgis-user at lists.qgis.org

Dear Tom,

have a look at this thread, perhaps that's what you are looking for:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-July/035288.html

a script v.cluster can be found here (related to the previous thread)
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-July/035307.html

cheers, Martin

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 14:36, listen at thomas-zastrow.de wrote:
> Dear QGIS-users,
>
> I'm not sure if I'm right here or if my question is realy silly ... I'm new
> to QGIS and GIS general, read something about GRASS, googlet around but I
> can't find a solution ...
>
> So, what I have is a map with points, produced by QGIS, works perfect. Now,
> these points have different colors and I want to cluster them into areas.
>
> Is there any software which can do this automatically? Or has anybody an
> idea what I have to do?
>
> For example:
>
> http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/temp/maps.png
>
> The first map shows what I have now - points with different colors on a
> map. The second one is - ähem - what it should look like, the points are
> clustered into areas (I did this manually with the GIMP).
>
> Thank you very much, I'm thankful for every hint!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tom

- --
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797