[AniMov] kernel home range estimates

Clément Calenge calenge at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Mon May 23 16:10:50 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Wayne M Getz a écrit :

> Hi Paola:
>
> I can try to do something about making LoCoH available to users with
> data stored using open source software.  What do you suggest.  GRASS?

Did you have a look at the function NNCH() of the R package adehabitat ?
It performs a nearest neighbour convex hull estimation of home range
(as LoCoH) with R. As kernel estimation is also available in the same
package (see ?kernelUD), the comparison can be done directly within
R...
Hope this helps,

Clem.