[AniMov] kernel home range estimates

Wayne M Getz getz at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon May 23 15:49:26 CEST 2005

Hi Paola:

I can try to do something about making LoCoH available to users with
data stored using open source software.  What do you suggest.  GRASS?

Wayne

>Hi all.
>While very interesting, the LoCoH approach has a major problem, in that it
>depends on proprietary software (how amny of us own a copy of ArcView?.
>Please help us improving the existing R code to run the same analyses on free
>and open source software.
>Sander & Clement have already done much in this direction.
>Thanks.
>pc
>
>At 00:08, domenica 22 maggio 2005, Wayne M Getz has probably written:
>>  Hi Kristin:
>>
>>  You might also want to try LoCoH and compare it to the Kernel HR.
>>  See http://nature.berkeley.edu/~alyons/locoh/.
>>
>>  Wayne
>--
>Paolo Cavallini
>cavallini at faunalia.it   www.faunalia.it   www.faunalia.com
>Piazza Garibaldi 5 - 56025 Pontedera (PI), Italy   Tel: (+39)348-3801953

   Professor Wayne M. Getz
   Department Environmental Science Policy & Management
   201 Wellman Hall
   University of California at Berkeley
   CA 94720-3112, USA

   Campus Visitors: My office is in 5052 VLSB

   Fax:    (1-510) 642-7428
   Office:    (1-510) 642-8745
   Lab:  (1-510) 643-1227
   email:  getz at nature.berkeley.edu